National Seminar on
"Quality Parameters in Higher Education"
Greetings from IQAC, Rathinam College of Arts and Science (Autonomous), Coimbatore.
As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution's system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
Rathinam College of Arts and Science was accredited by NAAC in 2007 for the first cycle and later in 2013 for the second cycle. IQAC established at Rathinam College of Arts and Science continued to strive for the betterment of processes and setup. The third cycle is due in 2018. Taking the concrete step further Rathinam College of Arts and Science has established a concrete central IQAC.
Quality in Higher education will enhance the quality of the students passing out from various degree and post graduate courses which will have employability in the organizations in India and abroad which will increase the status of the passed students and in turn will help the country in making good citizens. The quality is relative term which involves participation from all the stake holders from the education system. Higher Education is the largest sector which is affecting the youth. The present system which is followed is Primary Schooling, Secondary Schooling, Graduate and Post Graduate, Research Degrees which can be extended to post Doctoral research.
- Curriculum Planning and Management should be studied in the perspective of knowledge management.
- Integrated approach by involving experts from different fields with major focus on sharing of experiences in a holistic framework and having dialogues at different levels such as: at core committee level and at subcommittee level.
- Multidisciplinary curriculum must be developed with a view to cater to the needs and fulfillment of expectations of learners, teachers, parents, employers and society in general.Curriculum construction should transact in an authentic and real environment.
- Curriculum transaction should involve social negotiation and mediation. Encourage group activities and make optimum use of peer as resources of higher learning.
- Knowledge and skills must be developed with a view to provide relevance and meaningfulness.The principles of self regulation, self mediation and self awareness on the part of learners must be reflected in curriculum transaction.
- During curriculum transaction learners should be assessed formatively on a continuous basis to create the basis for acquiring new experiences.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource Person details will be updated soon.
Demand Draft in favour of The Principal, Rathinam College of Arts and Science, payable at Coimbatore.
Dr. R. Muralidharan - 9597080407, 9894019851
Last date for Registration
04th Jan 2016
08th Jan 2016
The Convener – NSQPHE’16,
IQAC – Coordinator,
Rathinam College of Arts and Science (Autonomous),
Rathinam Techzone campus,
Pollachi road, Eachanari,
Coimbatore – 641021.
Phone : +91 422 4040906
Contact Person :
Dr. R. Muralidharan, 9597080407
Web : www.rathinamcollege.com/
Accommodation will not be provided by the Organizers. Participants have to make their own arrangements. The participants are expected to bear TA/DA themselves. Assistance will be provided for arranging accommodation in hotels.